(Hi)ke 2: Goyt Valley
(Hi)ke returns with a trip around the beautiful Goyt Valley, Derbyshire.
Autumn is upon us and the Peak District is looking as good as ever. The heather is purple, the greens are vivid and the walking is inviting.
Join me for a walk in the dramatic valley landscape of Goyt. We'll meet at 10am, in the Goyt Valley Car Park (LINK), aiming to set off around 10.30am.
The walk is 8km (5 miles) and should take between three and four hours. There are a couple of moderate hills at the beginning but after that it's easy going. Here's what you'll need to bring along:
- A sturdy pair of walking boots/shoes.
- A waterproof jacket, perhaps trousers too if you have them.
- Enough water and snacks to sustain yourself. If it's going to be really hot bring extra water.
- A hat and Sunscreen if the weather calls for it.
- A sense of adventure and whatever camera you like.
If you are planning to attend or have any questions please get in touch via the form below.
I hope to see you on the hill.